The warm weather is finally here!! We are ecstatic. We have been starting the majority of our days outside so please:
- apply sunscreen on your child(ren) before drop off.
- Send a hat and appropriate outside clothes (we are outside all day)
- Sandals or quick dry shoes (Not flip flops)
- Change of clothes (or several!) we play in water/mud/sand regularly
- Swim gear can be left in cubbies as well or a sun shirt!
- Water bottle (labeled)
- June to Aug there will be an additional $5.00 monthly charge for sunscreen. If you have a specific preference on sunscreen and prefer to send your own labeled bottle to stay in your child’s cubby just let us know!
We have started our weekly bus trips and are having some great adventures! We mainly stick to our little Blind Bay/Sorrento area and have enjoyed some nature hikes and park adventures. Our trips are spontaneous and change weekly so that everyone gets a chance to head out. Please make sure your children are dropped off by 9:00AM.
Keep an eye for upcoming event days posted on the door- from pajama day, baking special snacks to share, picking our local produce and creating. We will post a heads up on the door ahead of time.
Some children really benefit from having a special stuffy or blankie from home. If your child is one of these and you don’t already- please bring an extra stuffy they can leave in their cubby to comfort them 🙂
We are looking forward to planting a fun, edible garden with the children in the upcoming weeks. So much learning happens during this process over the next few months!
The children will be able to develop new skills such as:
- Responsibility- from caring for their plants.
- Understanding- as they learn about cause and effect (plants die without water, or too much water/sun etc…)
- Self confidence- from achieving their goals and enjoying the food they have grown.
- Love of nature- a chance to learn and explore the outdoor environment
- Reasoning and Discovery- learning about the science of plants, animals, weather, the environment, nutrition and simple construction.
- Co-operation & team work- as we work together as a team to achieve an end goal
- Nutrition and Creativity as we learn about where fresh food comes from and find new and exciting ways to grow food!
We have some available spaces coming up in September- if anyone would like to add a day- please let Sam know by June 1st. In house families get first priority. 250-803-2996
We look forward to each day we get to spend with your amazing little people and thank all our families for raising such special, beautiful children.