Well another summer has come and gone! We hope you all had an amazing fun filled summer.
As we head into a new school year we would like to welcome everyone back! Our first day will be Wednesday the 4th- we are NOT open the first day of school as it is a short day.
We are open the same days as the school from 2:00pm to 6:00pm- If your child is in Kindergarten you will not be charged for after school care until full days commence as we are not able to accommodate the gradual entry.
If you have not confirmed your child’s space and would like after school care please do so ASAP
The first Pro-D Day is September 20th. If you are looking for childcare that day- we have camps offered in Salmon Arm- Check out Summit Kids on our website.
This year we are still in the lower part of the school- we are fortunate enough to share the indigenous room again this year 🙂 (beside the Strongstart program) Parents may park along side the school and come to our classroom door for pickup. If we are out and about you will see us playing or a note will be on the door letting you know where we might have headed off adventuring.
We strive to provide a program where the children can unwind at the end of their school day. We try to leave it pretty open ended with engaging activities that children may choose to participate in with a large amount of free play offered outside.
Here are a few reminders!
• Please pack an extra snack for your child! It’s a very long day and the kids are often hungry after school.
• Pack a suit and towel (you may leave this in our room) while it is still warm we may head to the beach.
• If your child will be absent please call or text us to let us know! 250-803-2996
• It is your child’s responsibility to meet us at the designated meet spot-** In front of the main entrance inside there is a bench- we meet here daily after school – (Kindy’s will have some guidance!)
• Always pack appropriate outside gear- we head outside daily rain or shine 🙂
• Label, Label, Label your childs’ belongings!
We look forward to another awesome year with your kiddos!
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to give a call or text! 250-803-2996 (Sam)